7.06.2013

Home improvements: Dining room edition

I've been working on redecorating the downstairs, beginning with the dining room. This picture will explain why I'm starting here:
Pink walls and green wallpaper. The white stripe is the only thing that's left of the chair rail.
The dining room has two stained glass windows, and I'm using them as inspiration for the room. I already painted the accent wall indigo (which matches all of the indigo shirts I own). Josh was nice enough to remove the chair rail for me, which was really awesome because it turned out to be attached to the wall with 3.5 inch deck screws.
Overkill.
The evening of the Fourth, I decided it was time for the wallpaper to die, so I peeled off the top layer. Today's mission is do remove the rest of the wallpaper, wash the walls, and spackle the holes left by the three painted over drywall anchors.

I ordered carpet samples from Flor, and we're going to pick out some for a rug in the dining room and also in the living room. We need something to go under the new coffee table.
Note Devo on the small sofa, melting into his usual spot. I don't know why I keep calling it a sofa when it's really Devo's own giant kitty bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment