7.06.2013

Rapid City highlights

I finally made it to Rapid City!

My parents came with me and did some touristy things while I attended the North Central branch meeting, but I did have time in the evening to go out with them and visit things like the best real fake dinosaurs:

The dinos have a great view.
We found the highest concentration of graffiti in South Dakota:
You have no idea how surprised I was to find a Tardis and a Dalek.
We visited Prairie Edge and I bought three clay chickens and ogled the Italian glass bead display:
They were so well organized!

All beads.
I also had the best strawberry pie that I've ever encountered at the Colonial House restaurant:
Imagine Way's strawberries cut up and swimming in fresh, homemade strawberry jam in a flaky pie crust. I'm pretty sure this would win at Memorial Day.
We also saw Mt. Rushmore, but that deserves it's own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment