2.16.2013

Girl Scout cookies!

Today, Josh and I checked out the local thrift store. There is no Goodwill in town, instead we have Value Village. The VV is right around the corner and it has a lot of stuff for super cheap. I know where to go if a shelf gives out and breaks all of our drinking glasses. I bought a dish to go under my Peace Lily that lives at work. Normally, I avoid house plants but this one was a gift from the department. Since I work for Plant Science, I feel like there's a lot of pressure to keep it alive.

Anyway, I left PA before the adorable neighborhood Girl Scout came to take my cookie order. I've gotten my cookie fix from the same kid for at least the past 3 years, and we got to SD well after the local troops made their rounds. It's a good thing we relocated. Last year, Josh answered the door in his bathrobe when the Girl Scout arrived with the cookies. Her mom was not impressed. It was kind of my fault since I was out of town and forgot to warn him that the cookies were coming.

The local troop was set up at the thrift shop and we bought 3 boxes on our way out - the obligatory Thin Mints, Lemonades, and Peanut-butter Patties. We avoided the mango creations, because it's hard enough finding a ripe mango outside of the tropics, let alone a good one in cookie form.


No comments:

Post a Comment